Sign in or
| Topical Enduring Understanding ||Essential Questions||Assessments|
|The Roaring 20's was a period of dramatic change as a result of America's economic prosperity.||In what way did America's economic prosperity change the cultural, social, and political landscape of the country?|
|The 1920's was a period of advances in technology which had an impact on societal roles, lifestyles, and cultures.||How did advances in technology impact society in the 1920's?|
|There were significant advancements in literature, art and music in the 1920's.||What were the changing roles of literature, art, and music in the 1920's?|
| Big Idea ||Knowledge||Reasoning||Skill||Product|
|Changing Societal Roles||Understand the reasons for cultural, political, and economic change of the 1920's||Evaluate the impact of the economic growth of the U.S. in the 1920's on the society as a whole.||Locate and share photographs of events and people taken during the 1920's that capture the theme of the era. Give oral presentation on findings.||Create an illustrated timeline of events during the "Roaring 20's".|
- I will recognize the importance of the changing cultural, political, and economic issues in the post-war 1920's America.
- I will describe the impact of the rapid economic growth on the American people in the 1920's.
- I will create an illustrated timeline of the major events of the 1920's.
|Technological Advancements in the 1920's||Understand the importance of technological advancements in the 1920's.||Compare and contrast the advancements in transportation, communication, and industrialization in the 1920's.||Read selected portions from a biography on Henry Ford.||Draw a design for an assembly line for a current product.|
1. I will recognize the importance of the improved technological advancements and the lasting influence they will have in the 1920's.
2. I will read selected potions from a biography about Henry Ford.
3. I will compare and contrast the different advancements made in transportation, communication, and industrialization in the 1920's.
|Mass Media & The Jazz Age||Understand how mass media helped create common cultural experiences.||Evaluate the influence of newspapers and magazines on popular culture and politics in the 1920's.||Read selected works by Lost Generation authors.||After reading about popular entertainment in the 1920's, draw a cartoon about the music or arts of the Jazz Age.|
1. I will recognize the lasting influence of mass media and the arts on the American people in the 1920's.
2. I will read selected works (poems, novels, short story) by one of the members of the Lost Generation.
3. I will create a cartoon using one of the many pieces of music, literature, media as a central theme.
Latest page update: made by rstjohn88
, May 12 2009, 12:06 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by rstjohn88
74 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.